[BangPypers] [JOB]: Python / Django Dev for Angel Funded Online Education Startup

Jitendra Agrawal jiten.a at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 03:01:04 EST 2016

Hi:

I am Jeet - CTO of Springboard. We are creating an online school with a big
vision for transforming education using open online learning.

We are looking to add another incredible team member to our backend team.
Here is what our team member should look like:

   - You love building things, and have built some web applications in the
   past.
   - You have a sound understanding of data structures, algorithms and
   databases
   - You are comfortable with Python, Django, Git, MySQL
   - You understand how website-backend interacts with front-end as well as
   the myriad external APIs.
   - You are comfortable bringing up and troubleshooting cloud-based
   development environments.
   - You are analytical, and are curious about technology, and interested
   in startups.
   - When you don't know, you ask questions or look for answers on the
   internet.
   - You are not afraid to express your opinion.
   - You are fanatical about the quality of your work; you finish what you
   start.
   - You have strong English comprehension and communication skills; you
   can articulate your ideas clearly.

If this is you, please apply. For the right candidate, compensation will
include a competitive salary, equity and other perks.

*A bit more about Springboard:*

Our early product gets a lot of love from users and we've been written up
in TechCrunch
<http://techcrunch.com/2015/12/17/springboard-raises-1-7m-for-its-mentor-based-approach-to-online-learning/>,
Economic Times
<http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/small-biz/startups/springboard-raises-rs-11-4-crore-in-seed-funding-from-a-set-of-marquee-investors/articleshow/50211681.cms>
and YourStory <http://yourstory.com/2014/05/sliderule/>, and have been on
the front page of HackerNews, ProductHunt and Reddit.
We are just over two years old, seed funded, with 10 people in the core
team. We have been selected for Microsoft Accelerator Batch 4 (Spring 2014)
and Nasscom 10000 startups Warehouse. Some of our investors include
LinkedIn co-founder Allen Blue, InMobi co-founders Naveen Tewari & Amit
Gupta, 500 Startups and The Princeton Review founder John Katzman.

*Founders*:

The founders - Parul <http://linkedin.com/in/parul8ue> and Gautam
<http://linkedin.com/in/gautambay> - are lifelong learners, and are
passionate about education. With around 10 patents and many more research
papers in various technologies, the founders have always been thirsty for
knowledge and innovation.

We are alumni of the Indian Institutes of Technology, Wharton, and UCLA.
Before Springboard, we worked at IBM Research Labs, Bain & Company and
InMobi.

--

*Please respond to me on jeet at springboard.com <jeet at springboard.com> if you
are interested in working with us. Do tell your friends about us.*

--
Jeet

Springboard <https://www.springboard.com/>: We help you learn!