[BangPypers] Python Tutor -- www.pythontutor.com

Vasudev Ram vasudevram at gmail.com
Wed May 25 12:58:29 EDT 2016

Yes, PythonTutor.com is a good site for learners (new or old).

I had blogged about another such site, Codingbat, here:

Codingbat, Progress Graphs and Michael Jordan:

http://jugad2.blogspot.in/2013/02/codingbat-progress-graphs-and-michael.html

And there are a few other sites on similar lines - the names escape me
right now.

Interestingly, this technology - of online editing and running of code
via the browser - seems to be somewhat prevalent - even for a few
compiled languages - e.g. the Go language has https://play.golang.org/
and D language also has such a feature, right on their front page, at
http://dlang.org . I know that some of the dynamic languages use tools
like emscripten to do this, but not sure how the statically compiled
languages like Go and D do it - maybe just shell out to the compiler
at the back end, to do a compile of the code that was in the browser
text box, and then display the output in the browser in another box,
or errors if any.

- Vasudev
---
Vasudev Ram - Dancing Bison Enterprises
Independent software consultant and trainer
- Python, C, Linux, databases, open source, ...
- Web site: https://vasudevram.github.io
- Blog: http://jugad2.blogspot.com