[BangPypers] Improving meetup attendance

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Tue Mar 21 00:43:30 EDT 2017

On 2017-03-21 03:35, Sivasubramaniam Arunachalam wrote:
[..]
> IMHO, being fair to the participants by asking money(to prove their
> seriousness in participation) doesn't look good for a 12 years old,
> matured
> and self-sustained community like Bangpyers. It is simply an
> additional headache to the event organizers.
[..]

While the community is old, all the participants are not. The current
system seems designed to minimise administrative overhead and is fine
but it expects responsible participants. If all the people were are
mature as the group itself, this thread would be unnecessary.

I think some kind of token to prove "seriousness" makes sense atleast as
an experiment. If it prevents problems like the lack of seats mentioned
earlier in this thread, it'd be worthwhile.