[BangPypers] [X-post] Python for kids track in PyCon India 2018

vijay kumar vnbang2003 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 12:29:07 EST 2017

Hi All,

Thanks for extending your support for python for kids initiative.

In the last F2F meeting with PyCon India volunteers, we discussed on Python
for kids track and below are the pointers.

   1.

   Provide free passes for kids.
   2.

   Accommodate 100 - 150 kids.
   3.

   Should not be restricted to Python programming alone but welcome all
   open source technologies.
   4.

   Make this a parallel track to conference which provides students an
   opportunity to interact with professionals.
   5.

   To get hardwares necessary to teach kids, we might have to look for
   sponsors.
   6.

   Cover the travel cost for kids and a mentor/parent per kids if logistics
   permits.

The next steps is to create teams as below:

   1.

   Co-ordinators
   2.

   Mentors

*Role of Coordinators:*

   1.

   Connect with schools to create awareness on python for kids track in
   PyCon India 2018.
   2.

   Communicate with school co-ordinator to identify what works better for
   school kids and share the inputs with mentors.
   3.

   Send a formal invitation to schools if required.
   4.

   Work with school coordinators to plan the logistics.
   5.

   Closely work with PyCon India organisers and mentors to take care of the
   ground work required at the venue.

*Role of Mentors:*

   1.

   Mentoring kids and working closely with them.
   2.

   Work with peer mentors to come up with detailed plan for Python for kids
   track.
   3.

   Work with coordinators to understand the requirement and feedback from
   schools.
   4.

   Work with PyCon organisers for ground work at the venue.

As we all know that this is the first time we are planning for Python for
Kids track, we call for mentors who has experience in teaching programming
to kids. And also looking for support in planning and executing the event.

Request interested people to fill in the below forms to help us connect
with you.

*Coordinator* : http://bit.ly/python-kids-coordinator

*Mentor*: http://bit.ly/python-kids-mentors

--