[BangPypers] [Report] Code Walkthrough - November 2018

Sayan Chowdhury gmail at yudocaa.in
Thu Nov 29 23:32:33 EST 2018

Hi,

For November 2018's session, we planned to introduce something new
into our range of things we do. Code Walkthrough, a session where the
speaker takes us through the source of a popular library. The meetup
started at 10:40AM, with a good decent turned out. OpenEBS sponsored
the food and also gave us the venue to host the event. The speaker for
the talk was Saptak Sengupta. The session was attended by 53 people.

Saptak started the event with a brief introduction of how Flask came
in the first place. He explained the intentions behind introducing the
Denied library and how an April's Fool Joke turned out to be a
well-known Python library.

Later, he started the actual code walkthrough, and explained how
different parts connect with each other and work. He explained through
the major methods used in Flask. Jinja2 and Werkzeug were also covered
during the session.

We took a break for 30 minutes in between at 12noon for a networking
session. OpenEBS served us with the snacks. The event ended by 1:30PM.

Report with pictures [1]

[1] http://bangalore.python.org.in/blog/2018/11/17/nov-workshop-report/

--
Sayan Chowdhury <https://words.yudocaa.in/>
GPG Fingerprint : 0F16 E841 E517 225C 7D13  AB3C B023 9931 9CD0 5C8B