[BangPypers] [Bangpypers] The 100th Bangpypers Event is here :) Mark your calendars! - Feb 22, 2020

Abhiram R abhi.darkness at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 11:15:50 EST 2020

Hi all,
It's been a long time since Bangpypers was created all those years ago by Anand
B Pillai <https://twitter.com/skeptichacker> and team and the first
Bangpypers meetup was reportedly on Jan 22 2005
<https://swaroopch.com/2005/01/22/first-bangalore-python-meetup/>, a time
when even I was in school and had no clue all this was going on. Fast
forward 15 years and 1 month and we, the current organizing team are
honored to be conducting the 100 Bangpypers Meetup - "BangpyC" as we've
decided to call it. I'll let you guess the reasons behind the name ;) .
Anyway, this momentum and this number would have been impossible to gain
without an enthusiastic and committed community such as you all and we'd
like to wholeheartedly thank you for your participation and contributions
thus far - either as speakers, hosts, past-organizers or attendees.

I've rambled sufficiently now. The *RSVP for the Meetup[1] is now open
<https://www.meetup.com/BangPypers/events/266874167/>* and the details for
the 100th Bangpypers meetup that will be conducted at *Visa Inc *on the *22nd
of Feb 2020 *are as follows -

*Date and Time: *
22nd Feb 2020, 10 AM onwards

*Tentative Agenda:*
10:00 - 10:15 - Registration
10:15 - 10:30 - Introduction - BangPypers & VISA
10:30 - 11:15 - Talk 1 by Anand B. Pillai (yes, the very same!)
11:15 - 10:30 - Tea Break
11:30 - 11:45 - Open House 1 (Topic TBA)
11:45 - 12:30 - Talk 2 - Abdul Majed Raja
12:30 - 12:45 - Open House 2 (Topic TBA)
12:45 - 13:45 - Lunch
13:45 - 14:30 - Talk 3 - CPython - Kartik (VISA)
14:30 - 16:00 - Workshop - Data Science - Sashidhar Donaparthi
16:00 - 16:15 - Tea Break
16:15 - 17:45 - Panel Discussion - Tech in different Tiers of companies
(TBA)
17.45 - 18:00 - Closing Remarks

Apart from this,
- We'll have quizzes throughout the day.
- Mini Stalls for various communities (Bangpypers, PyLadies, Bengaluru R
User Group etc.) to setup their stuff during networking sessions.

*Location:*
Visa Inc Technology Center
https://goo.gl/maps/7yEnnm6VPWpfSZLs8M
<https://goo.gl/maps/7yEnnm6VPWpfSZLs8>
More details will follow at dates closer to the event. For now, please mark
your calendars and RSVP here -
[1] https://www.meetup.com/BangPypers/events/266874167/ !

For any queries, please reach out to me (i.e. Abhiram R) at
abhi.darkness at gmail.com, Anirudh at anirudhastark at gmail.com or Ritesh
Agrawal at udr.ritesh at gmail.com .

Regards
Abhiram R <https://abhiramr.com>

PS - Setting this all up would be impossible without the host venue's
active participation; so thank you so much Rishu and Vinay from Visa :)