[BangPypers] The Joy of Programming

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 05:58:35 EDT 2021

Hello everyone,

For more than a year, I've been thinking about what is a good way to
introduce programming to your students. I've presented some of my ideas at
the keynote talk[1] that I gave at PyConf Hyderabad last year.

Since the last six months, I've been working on building a new learning
platform and a new course
"The Joy of Programming", that introduces programming in a fun way, by
drawing interesting shapes and patterns. This course uses Python
programming language and Joy[2], a creative coding library that I've
created to make this course.

I'm happy to announce that the course is now live for everyone to sign up
and learn.

https://mon.school/

Here are some of the sketches made by the students on the platform.

https://github.com/fossunited/joy

Please check it out and let me know what you think. Please sign up try
making a sketch or two and share it with others who may be interested in
learning programming.

[1]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFWAYnUeHR8
[2]: https://github.com/fossunited/joy

Anand