[Baypiggies] Python Application Servers

whit morriss whit at kalistra.com
Fri Dec 2 21:32:59 CET 2005

Richard Knowles wrote:

>Hi,
>
>This discussion of Application Servers leads me to ask about an issue I
>am looking into.  We have a very simple internal webpage mostly for people
>to download company documents(on Apache).  Updating it consists of placing
>a new file in the correct directory, and modifying the HTML code directly with good
>old vi.   I think this could be a job for a content management server,
>especially if it can let the HTML-illiterate place a document on the
>server in a controlled-access way.
>
>Is there something relatively simple and Pythonic using mod_python for
>example?  I myself know very little about the topic of content-management.
>

>>>as to how these compare - TurboGears, CherryPy, WebWare, Twisted, Zope

 well, usually content-management balloons out to cover alot beyond
simply giving mortal the ability to make web pages (workflow, security,
versioning, groupware, etc).

In mod_python, you could build something rather simple and custom to
your needs with Django or TG.

someday maybe plone will run in mod_python, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

-w

-w

--

 | david "whit" morriss