[Baypiggies] Zope + Plone

Michael Bernstein webmaven at cox.net
Wed Dec 7 22:52:20 CET 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 13:06 -0800, Jiwon Seo wrote:
> I tried using plone like two or three years ago, and iirc it did not
> support multi-byte character properly. (Input/Output, Search, etc...)
> Does it work with multi-byte character now?

According to my sources, what you need is likely the PloneTranslation[1]
package to translate the UI as well as ZopeChinaPak[2] to provide proper
indexing and searching.

I have no experience with these, though, and can't even tell you how
well (or whether) this works for other multi-byte languages, but if you
need a non-Chinese solution, it might at least serve as a starting
point.

- Michael Bernstein