[Baypiggies] LinkedIn professional networking may be useful for BayPIGgies

Giles Bowkett gilesb at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 04:26:58 CET 2005

> If you're:
>
> - not looking for work (consulting or otherwise)
>
> - not looking for employees
>
> - not looking for *any* new business relationships (even to the extent
> of wanting to find an accountant or interior decorator, say)
>
> - and don't care to facilitate these introductions for other people
> either
>
> ...then LinkedIn is fairly useless for you.

I think that's a bit sarcastic.

I'm going to be a bit ruthless and summarize:

> If you're:
>
> - not looking for work
>
> ...then LinkedIn is fairly useless for you.

that's why they have that other version of LinkedIn, Karma One or
whatever -- the recruiting network that only takes people who already
have jobs. (and I can see where they're coming from, but I think
naming a service like that after karma is just thumbing your nose at
the gods.)

anyway, having consulting opportunities worldwide is cool, and that
story about Russia sounds interesting, but personally, that's one site
I'd never get around to checking. sorry, but it looks like Myspace for
people who synergize.

--
Giles Bowkett = Giles Goat Boy
http://www.gilesgoatboy.org/