[Baypiggies] API QA Engineer @ Pixar!
epalmore at pixar.com
Fri Dec 16 00:45:51 CET 2005
API QA Engineer
Pixar Animation Studios
Pixar Animation Studios combines creative and technical artistry to
create original stories in the medium of computer animation. Pixar has
created six of the most successful and beloved animated films of all
time: Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Toy Story 2, Monsters, Inc., Finding
Nemo and The Incredibles. Pixar has won 18 Academy Awards® and its six
films have grossed more than $3.2 billion at the worldwide box office
to date. The Northern California studio will release its next film,
Cars, on June 9, 2006.
Summary of Job:
Studio Tools' QA Team is looking for an experienced QA API test
engineer to participate in our software quality assurance efforts.
This position requires close collaboration with the engineering staff
to define, develop, execute, and automate API level test plans and test
cases. Identify and communicate a strategy for API and other testing
methodologies, review and report on test progress, status, and
coverage, and meet test completion and delivery milestones that you
help define. Work closely with development, project management and
documentation to coordinate testing responsibilities.
• Develop and execute an API testing strategy, using API testing
methodology and programming language knowledge
• Develop and implement API tests
• Contribute to setting and evaluating milestone criteria such that
product is released on schedule with high quality
• Design and implement quality processes for a small team of senior
• Work closely with the core development teams during all phases of the
product life cycle
• Evaluate completeness and effectiveness of developer's unit tests
• 5+ years of experience in QA
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 3+ years of experience testing C++/Objective C APIs and complex data
• Excellent design and coding skills in C/C++/Objective C, Java and a
scripting language such as Python or Perl
• Knowledge of QA methodology, processes, and tools
• Direct experience testing software under Unix, Linux
• Self-directed, detail-oriented and patient
• Experience with 3D graphics applications is a plus (i.e., Maya,
• Cross platform development experience is preferred (Windows,
Note: This is not a server or web testing QA position.
Pixar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To Apply Please Go To:
More information about the Baypiggies