[Baypiggies] Baypiggies website?

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Tue Nov 29 01:13:06 CET 2005

On 11/28/05, Mike Cheponis <mac at wireless.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Where is the Baypiggies website?
>
> http://www.baypiggies.net/  seems to be useless, with some rant from some guy who needs to chill out or something...

Wow. I had no idea. Has anyone spoken to Deirdre about this? I'm not
sure what the point is of killing a user group's main point of contact
(feeble as it is) due to a lack of standards. All I can say is I'm
glad she's not in charge of python.org. While I see standard
compliance as a useful goal I don't see the point of such draconian
measures in a purely volunteer-run group -- even if (as Deirdre has
indicated) you're no longer interested in the group's activities.
Apart from the website management the group seems to be fully
functional -- we have monthly meetings visited by 20-50 people.