[Baypiggies] Baypiggies website?

Eric Walstad eric at ericwalstad.com
Tue Nov 29 03:02:21 CET 2005

On Monday 28 November 2005 17:28, Danny Yoo wrote:
> > BayPiggies is dead!  Long live BayPiggies!
> >
> > Thanks, Deirdre, for maintaining the site for so long.  I didn't
> > know there was an issue there.  I'm happy to pitch in some
> > maintenance time and/or financial donation going forward.  I
> > appreciate the people and expertise on this list.
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> Does anyone have a hosting system available?  I'll be calling up a
> few hosts tomorrow like bluehost.com; if there are other good hosts
> that people recommend, we'd be happy to hear from you.
>
> Deirdre did give us archives of the web site, so we're not really
> in any trouble of losing the old data.  We just need a place to
> host the content, and we'll do the domain name transfer as soon as
> we can.
>
> Please contact Wes, Aahz, Tony, and me.  Thank you, and apologies
> for the inconvenience.

Hi Danny,

What are the hosting software, diskspace and bandwidth requirements?

I've been using python-hosting.com ever since hurrah.com closed their
doors a few months ago.  I've been happy with their service, although
I must admit mine is a lightly used site so I can't vouch for their
performance under heavy loads.  However, they do support most all the
python-web-frameworks-du-jour, their pricing seems fair and their
support and response time is, at the very least, reasonable.  They
have my recommendation.

On the other hand, what about python.net?  Is it possible they'd be
willing to host our (presumably) lightly hammered baypiggies site?

Eric.