[Baypiggies] BayPIGgies leadership

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Fri Apr 7 01:34:19 CEST 2006

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006, w chun wrote:

> throughout the past several years, there have been a number of us
> "responsible" for BayPIGgies, Deidre, Danny, myself, Chad briefly, and
> more recently Aahz, and Tony.  However, it seems that most of this
> list has disappeared in one form or another... I haven't seen Deirdre
> in years, Aahz in almost a year, Chad's gone, Reg moved to Colorado,
> and Danny is now gone to graduate school.  So it's been just Tony and
> myself recently, and with the arrival of our 2nd baby coming up in a
> few weeks, I too, will be out of the picture for several months.

Um, in what way have I disappeared?  I haven't gone to meetings, true;
however, I think that this list is just as much a part of the BayPIGgies
community as the meetings are.  Moreover, I've done a fair bit to drive
BayPIGgies meeting agenda, blah, blah, blah.

My point is that while it's critical to have people who help organize at
the meetings themselves, I want people to feel that their help is wanted
even if they can't make meetings or if they feel uncomfortable speaking
in public.

"Look, it's your affair if you want to play with five people, but don't
go calling it doubles."  --John Cleese anticipates Usenet