[Baypiggies] BayPIGgies leadership

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Fri Apr 7 23:28:24 CEST 2006

On Fri, Apr 07, 2006, William Deegan wrote:
> On 4/7/06, Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 07, 2006, William Deegan wrote:
>>>
>>> Ask recruiters to foot the bill for snacks in order to present.
>>> They're looking at a 10-20% commision on hiring so it's a fair trade.
>>
>> I'm not aware that we've had recruiters at BayPIGgies meetings; has that
>> been something new recently?  I mean, when Google used the meeting to
>> formally recruit people, they did provide dinner.  ;-)
>
> I've never made a meeting, so I can't comment, but from reading the
> mailing list it sounded like there were such in some of the recent
> meetings. (unfortunately thursday evenings are rarely free for me)

In the past, at-meeting recruiting has been done personally by people who
are happy working at a company and want to encourage other people in the
community to join them.  As long as that continues, I wish to put as few
barriers in the way of at-meeting recruiting as possible.  BayPIGgies is
about the local human face of Python.

I do think the recent suggestion of putting announcements at the end of
the meeting is good: it gets the meeting going quickly; people who aren't
interested in announcements can leave; and people who are interested can
find the annnouncer immediately after the announcement.

"Look, it's your affair if you want to play with five people, but don't
go calling it doubles."  --John Cleese anticipates Usenet