[Baypiggies] BayPIGgies name [was: April agenda?]

jim stockford jim at well.com
Sun Apr 9 21:07:19 CEST 2006

> Jim Stockford said that we should keep the name because it has name
> recognition.  I'm not sure why we care about that.  We are not selling
> anything.  Maybe you can explain, Jim?

    Baypiggies is selling itself, a community for Python
interest, and evangelizing (selling) Python.
    There are URN links, some of which are not
generally find-able but work for those who have
them, and there is past and present rumor and
mention in various textual media.
    Change the name and some of that breaks and
disrupts ("whatever happened to that piggies bunch
for Python?") and/or suggests instability ("what's
wrong with those people, why are they changing
things?").
    I mildly like the name and don't find it embarrassing.
    Seems not a big deal either way, but why put
energy into it? It ain't really broke.