[Baypiggies] (Apr) Agenda ... a proposal

Dennis Reinhardt DennisR at dair.com
Mon Apr 10 21:22:07 CEST 2006

At 10:40 AM 4/10/2006, Stephen McInerney wrote:
>7:30  ...
>IDEs: CANCELLED/POSTPONED Due to lack of volunteers

We currently have a hole in Technical Presentation.  IMO, expanding the
"future directions" to fill the time is not a good idea.  I would like to
see this hole filled.  Let's figure out what we can put together to present

>7:45 Logistics and Volunteers - Wes & Stephen
>... basic and essential
>things like (say): (seven items snipped)

IMO, the list of items proposed is insufficiently focused.  I am afraid
that a discussion along the lines of the seven items listed is a setup for
failure: too much to do by too few people and unclear responsibility.  I
think we need to identify WHO will volunteer and we want to take ownership
long before we organize specific tasks.  The WHAT of targets can wait until
the survey results are fleshed out.

The agenda I proposed for future directions was snipped from Wes's own
words.  As a task list to accomplish, I felt it was on-point and
doable.  Stephen, Marilyn, anyone: can you offer an improved replacement
agenda for future discussion and lead it:

         new volunteers
        get the snacks going again
        invite speakers
        help coordinate the whole group in general

Regards, Dennis