[Baypiggies] Please delete April's unconfirmed agenda items from baypiggies.net

Marilyn Davis marilyn at deliberate.com
Tue Apr 11 03:17:51 CEST 2006

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006, Aahz wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 10, 2006, Stephen McInerney wrote:
> >
> > We established that two of the current Apr agenda items on
> > baypiggies.net are unconfirmed - please delete and replace with
> > "agenda unconfirmed, Apr meeting may be cancelled."
> >
> > I tried to reverse-engineer how this extreme confusion came about, so
> > we can improve the group process.
>
> Any reverse engineering must start with finding out who posted the April
> agenda in the first place.  I never muck with the agenda on the web site

Really?  It's not known who dun it?  I guess it's spilt milk and it
doesn't matter.  Maybe a wiki is a good idea so at least we'd know who
did things.  It's a cool idea someone had.

> until there is a clear agenda in place.  You'll note that I still haven't
> sent out a formal e-mail announcement.
>
> If we had thought ahead of time, changing the meeting date to third
> Thursday might have been a Good Idea, but although I knew that Pesach
> would prevent me from coming, I had no clue that Catholics were also
> affected.
>
> Side note: there is NEVER any reason to cancel a BayPIGgies meeting due
> to lack of agenda.  If nothing else, people can always do free-form
> question-and-answer.

If there's no agenda, please post that there's no agenda so that
people don't get disappointed.

I am interested in hearing the talk on software development that JJ
proposes to give and I too expect that it would provide a great
jumping off place for discussion.  I hope it happens.

I agree that talking about a program about IDE's sounds pretty tedious
and I'd rather skip it, even though I'd be part of the real program.

I'd like to do an organizing meeting to see if this square peg can
find a comfortable way to help.  However, I'd rather it not be
attached to eating out.  But, I do think Dennis' suggestion was clever
and attractive and I'd do it even if it isn't my preference.

I very much appreciate that Walter Vannini took the time to help us.
Clearly we need a volunteer with a title like "Speaker Coordinator",
or maybe two of them, one for each meeting site.

Marilyn