[Baypiggies] Let's vote and move on!

Robert Stephenson rstephe at sun.science.wayne.edu
Thu Apr 13 07:41:52 CEST 2006

As an long-time lurker and part-time meeting attendee, I think the
big issues confronting BayPIGgies (or Silicon Valley-San Francisco
Bay Area Python Users Group, or whatever...) are continuity and
organization.  With all this local talent it would be a shame to see
the group fall apart.  Many of us spend an hour or two driving to the
meetings for the stimulation and fellowship that they have provided,
and that we hope they will continue to provide.

The name change issue risks becoming a major distraction at a
critical time.  Some folks obviously feel strongly about the name, so
let's decide and get over it.  The voting guidelines Aahz has
proposed sound reasonable to me:

ChangeNameToX = (1/3 of list members voting) & (2/3 of votes favor
change) & \
		(1/2 of votes favor name X)

Marilyn has provided a mechanism for voting (at http://
jacq.istos.com.au/python/), so let's see if we meet the first two
tests.  If so, we can proceed to discuss alternatives.

Let's just vote and move on:  http://jacq.istos.com.au/python/
- Rob