[Baypiggies] ADMIN: No flames on BayPIGgies

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Thu Apr 13 17:08:42 CEST 2006

<admin hat on>

On Thu, Apr 13, 2006, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Marilyn Davis (marilyn at deliberate.com):
>>
>> After much thought, I realize that the deeper problem I have with the
>> name is that it is degrading, self-defeating, and impolite.  I think
>> I concentrated on 'silly' and 'unprofessional' in the beginning to be
>> kind, so I wouldn't have to say words like those.
>
> You should get that contextual blindness problem looked at.  It could
> be serious.

This is not quite an official warning, but I want to head things off
quickly: flames are not permitted on BayPIGgies.  For the purpose of this
list, flames are defined as excessivly strong language and/or insults
directed at specific people or groups of people.

While BayPIGgies is not a professional group, many people use the group
for professional purposes, and the language we use should reflect that.

Note: although this message is triggered by the exchange between Marilyn
and Rick, I think several people have been overusing heated language
lately (and I'm probably at least somewhat guilty).  I hope we don't
drive anyone away because of that.

"LL YR VWL R BLNG T S"