[Baypiggies] IDE demos

Marilyn Davis marilyn at deliberate.com
Sat Apr 15 05:26:32 CEST 2006

Hello again.

Last night at dinner Mike Cheponis was telling us how much he likes Wing IDE.  So I twisted his arm to show us a demo.  And today he sent me:

> Anyway, just let me know when you'd like me to show Wing IDE http://wingware.com/
> (and maybe I can even sneak in a demo of wxDesigner http://www.roebling.de/ )
> Best,
> -Mike

So the IDE show is up to 3 solid demos!
                                                   Solid volunteers:
> >> ActiveState -> ?
> >> Komodo -> ?
> >> Wing IDE -> ?                                  Mike
> >> jEdit -> Ilia?
> >> Boa Constructor -> anyone? (Drew maybe?)
> >> BlackAdder -> ?
> >> PyDev(Eclipse) -> ?
> >> SPE -> ?
> >> PyDev -> ?
> >> Eric3 -> ?
> >> plain old IDLE -> ?
> >> plain old emacs -> ?                            Marilyn
> >> plain old vi (+ctags) -> Keith or Aahz?         JJ & Keith
> >> Jimmy you use Scite + enhancements don't you?

If no one steps up to demo IDLE, I can do that one too.  But it would be more fun to have another face doing it.

Mike said he hesitated to volunteer for this because he is new to Python. So, other newbies, hear this.  We need you.  Please volunteer.  It's a great way to get involved and the group will be kind to you, and even grateful.

Marilyn