[Baypiggies] let

Shannon -jj Behrens jjinux at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 10:08:09 CEST 2006

On 4/14/06, Marilyn Davis <marilyn at deliberate.com> wrote:
> ------- On Thursday, April 13, 2006 jjinux at gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Hey everyone,
> >
> > If we want to start being formal about the 8:30 cutoff, I think it's
> > important to start at 7:30 sharp.  If it's necessary to start at 7:45
> > because of travel difficulties, that's fine, but then we should move
> > the 8:30 cutoff. :-/
>
> I want to report that we did, in fact, start 10 minutes late.  I don't know when JJ very politely cut himself off, but he only did about half his talk and I sure would like to hear the other half.  It was very interesting and thought-provoking. Yes, the slides are online, but the face-to-face is better, especially because the audience pitched in with some great perspectives.  I came home quite inspired by it.
>
> But JJ, had you started on time, those of us who were on time would have gotten more of your good talk.  The late-comers would still have gotten their money's worth and they would not have been encouraged to come late next time.  ... just mentioning it.
>
> I also want to report that the dinner was excellent too.
>
> And the Mapping/Random Access went great.  It was fun to hear from so many of the group so fast.
>
> I thoroughly enjoyed the whole evening.

Marilyn,

You actually didn't miss out on anything.  I started exactly 10
minutes late to compensate for the fact that people are usually very
late, and they probably weren't prepared for me to start on time per
my email.  However, I also extended the talk by 10 minutes.  That is,
my talk was an hour long, almost to the minute thanks to Dennis' help,
who I asked to track the time.

I too greatly enjoyed the talk because of the unique perspectives from
others in the room.  I'd love to finish the other half of the slides,
but I fear that we have so many good talks coming up, it's probably
time for me to give up the podium.

Best Regards,
-jj