[Baypiggies] Schedule of upcoming events

Dennis Reinhardt DennisR at dair.com
Mon Apr 17 19:43:45 CEST 2006

At 09:55 AM 4/17/2006, you wrote:

>I'm inserting Donna's talk.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think we need a single copy of the schedule of upcoming events.  If you
want to maintain the list, let's either transfer the list to you or come up
with some simple source control protocol between ourselves.  Several of
items for other meetings are not the latest copy I have.

Your entry has one issue in this combination:

         Date                     June
         Location                 TBD

The location for June is IronPort.  Donna has indicated she can speak only
at Google, not IronPort.  The next open Google night is Sep.  You show your
own July location as TBD.  You have raised in a separate thread why we
simply do not have all our meetings at Google.  Good question.  Google is
more convenient for me so I don't oppose a move.  I would like to see
discussion.  In the absence of some sort of emergent consensus for change,
I think the schedule is IronPort June, Aug, Oct, ...  Google May, July,
Sep, ...  My inclination, until we have consensus is to show:

         Date                     Sep.
         Location                 Google

The other thing I wonder about is

         Working Topic Title      Plone

It appears to me that Plone is a CMS built on Zope3.  As such, there is a
funneling effect where people must accept that they need a CMS and that
Zope3 is the proper foundation.  TurboGears looks like an interesting Web
Development Platform.  Could these be combined into a Web framework
talk?  Would this be better?  I am unfamiliar with either (although I have
done very basic work with Zope 2).  I am an absolute newbie in all of these
areas and my comments should be weighted as such.