[Baypiggies] Schedule of upcoming events

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Mon Apr 17 20:37:06 CEST 2006

On Mon, Apr 17, 2006, Dennis Reinhardt wrote:

> The location for June is IronPort.  Donna has indicated she can speak only
> at Google, not IronPort.  The next open Google night is Sep.

Unless someone objects, my inclination is to have Donna do a Plone talk
in July at Google and move the IDE talk, possibly to June at IronPort.
Or Donna could take September at Google -- I don't much care myself.

> It appears to me that Plone is a CMS built on Zope3.  As such, there is a
> funneling effect where people must accept that they need a CMS and that
> Zope3 is the proper foundation.

Not really.  Part of the point of Plone as I understand it is to mostly
hide Zope from the developer.

> TurboGears looks like an interesting Web Development Platform.  Could
> these be combined into a Web framework talk?  Would this be better?
> I am unfamiliar with either (although I have done very basic work
> with Zope 2).  I am an absolute newbie in all of these areas and my
> comments should be weighted as such.

My experience is that while "framework shootouts" can be interesting,
you really need a full hour talk if you want to show off what a
framework can do.

"LL YR VWL R BLNG T S"