[Baypiggies] Schedule of upcoming events

Donna Snow donnamsnow at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 00:25:14 CEST 2006

Hi,

I just wanted you all to know that being a non-programmer I've still
managed to successfully develop dynamics sites with Plone. I know my
way around the Zope Management Interface and Plone and have actually
researched python solutions for specific requests from clients.  I
also have an associate I turn to when I need python scripts tweaked in
the system. He's not willing to speak but could address some of the
questions that might be over my head.

I joined the list because I want to be able to write Plone products
myself (as I have ideas for ways to expand this application) and in
doing so I need to learn Python.  I realize it seems odd for a
non-programmer to hold a demo on a python based web framework..but I
think it will definitely show that this toolkit is a good springboard
for those who program in this language to take this application to
another level). This could hold for any other python based web
framework as well.

As mentioned, I joined this list because I'm interested in learning
much, much more.. I've become a huge fan of Plone from an designer,
web provider, end-user standpoint.. now I'd like to give back to the
community at a higher level and to do so.. I need to learn Python.

I'm open on date of demo, length of demo, sharing of demo with someone
with python background, .. just not locale..

What better way to demonstrate that python was used to create a
full-featured framework that allows a designer to build a
membership-ready site with pluggable modules and a user interface that
is intuitive and allows sharing of files and upload of content without
touching the backend (Zope) or server. Tying this into Python is
really dependent on the programmers desire to enhance what is already
there.

Best Regards,
Donna M. Snow
C Squared Technologies