[Baypiggies] Voting for a new name

tpc247 at gmail.com tpc247 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 17:21:17 CEST 2006

On 4/13/06, Deirdre Saoirse Moen <deirdre at deirdre.net> wrote:

> On Apr 13, 2006, at 2:51 PM, Danny Yoo wrote:
>
> > I think the point that we should take from all of this is: some
> > people don't like certain names.
>
> Different organizational goals would suggest different names, thus
> choosing the name before sorting out the organizational goal seems
> backwards.

incidentally, I helped found a Java users group in Berkeley called Berkeley
Java Users Group, or bjug.net, and for a while I was toying with the idea
for founding a Berkeley, or East Bay, Python Interest Group (since going to
the South Bay was a deal breaker for me), named, appropriately, PIG Beast,
or, if you prefer, Beast PIG.  ;-p