[Baypiggies] Meetup re BayPIGgies organization Thu 4/27, 7pm, Jing Jing, Palo Alto

Stephen McInerney spmcinerney at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 24 07:27:47 CEST 2006

Folks,

Several people had suggested a working discussion over dinner.
I asked around and Thu 4/27 7pm at Jing Jing Chinese restaurant works,
443 Emerson St, Palo Alto (walkable from Caltrain and Stanford).
(This is the day after the Wed Django meeting. TonyC is away from Fri 28th.)

Anyone who wants to come, please RSVP to me by Tuesday so I can make the
restaurant reservation.

I think we have so far:
* Definite: Stephen, TonyC, Dennis, probably Drew
* No response: Wes?, JJ?, Marilyn?, Rich Morin?, Neal?, Donna?, Brian?,
Walter?
* Can't: Aahz

Possible topics:
- what are the most urgent issues facing the group?
(there is a big diversity of opinion on what the urgent issues are. but it
ain't changing the name!)
- how might we get to resolutions from here? what is the group
decision-making process?
- does the current alternating location setup make sense?
(are there any firm alternative proposals? and how do we determine what
is best compromise for the entire (active) membership?)
- do we need a charter and elections for officers with a fixed-term?
- how we manage the agenda setting, webmastering and list admin?

(The intent is not to make decisions, but to capture all the points of
view.)

Regards,
Stephen