[Baypiggies] Suggested Baypiggies June meeting

Dennis Reinhardt DennisR at dair.com
Mon Apr 24 23:34:16 CEST 2006

At 02:14 PM 4/24/2006, Rand Bradley wrote:
>All - I am working on putting together a talk on Python on the Series 60
>for the June meeting of the SDForum Emerging Technologies SIG. The talk is
>not finalized yet, but I am exchanging some emails with someone from Nokia
>on finding a speaker. (Also, if anyone has a speaker recommendation, let
>me know).
>
>I would like to suggest combining the June Baypiggies and SDForum Emerging
>Technology events. The EMTECH meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, June 14,
>7:00pm at the Cubberley Community Center in Palo Alto. I should be able to
>get the non-member event fee waived for Baypiggies members. Are the
>members open to combining the meeting?
>
>--
>
>Kind Regards,
>
>Rand Bradley
>PROJECTWAY, LLC
>Phone: (415) 430-5535
>Email:   <mailto:rbradley at projectway.com>rbradley at projectway.com
>http://www.projectway.com

We don't have a speaker yet for June and so this is a
possibility.  Typically our meetings are 7:30 to 9:00 on 2nd Thursday.  The
half-hour earlier start and Wed. vs. Thur. might affect attendance.

I am keeping a planning calendar.  I will add your event to it for tracking
purposes.  It sounds a little early for us to commit to joint meeting.  For
example, I wonder whether the Nokia contact may come up with content that
is not Python related.   ... but if a speaker from Nokia does come with
Python content, it should be a must attend event (anyway, I am enthusiastic).

My contact info is Dennis Reinhardt, (650) 494-7081  more at
http://dair.com/contact.php