[Baypiggies] Meetup re BayPIGgies organization Thu 4/27, 7pm, Jing Jing, Palo Alto
wescpy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 07:05:52 CEST 2006
my roles for baypiggies have been:
- organize talks & invite speakers
- setup/maintain locations with hosts
- buy snacks and collect donations
- introduce spakers and time-moderate meetings
- update/maintain the website
- manage/moderate mailing list (rejecting spam, etc.)
- keep meetings going even if there is no topic
- collate and hand out swag to speakers
- hang/tape up signs at sites to direct folks to meeting room
- organize offsite meetings when main site(s) aren't available
- manage recruiters who want to "sell their wares"
if i can be just a "civilian" for now, that would be best, otherwise
i'll try to pick up something that volunteers have not taken off the
On 4/24/06, Marilyn Davis <marilyn at deliberate.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Apr 2006, Shannon -jj Behrens wrote:
> > Sorry, I'm going to publicly say that it doesn't make much sense to
> > have a meeting if Wesley and Aahz aren't there :-/ Wesley's probably
> > busy as heck with his book.
> Wesley said he was stepping down.
> Can Wesley please clarify: what were his duties and which of these he
> is relinquishing?
> Can we know what are the responsibilities of each person who has
> accepted responsibility?
> Are we thinking about making a system where the responsibilities for
> maintaining the group move in an orderly manner from person to person
> on a time schedule rather than sit on one person for life?
> > -jj
> > On 4/23/06, Stephen McInerney <spmcinerney at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > RSVP to me *offlist* - people are already grumbling about list traffic
> > > volume.
> > _______________________________________________
> > Baypiggies mailing list
> > Baypiggies at python.org
> > http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/baypiggies
> Baypiggies mailing list
> Baypiggies at python.org
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Core Python Programming", Prentice Hall, (c)2007,2001
wesley.j.chun :: wescpy-at-gmail.com
python training and technical consulting
cyberweb.consulting : silicon valley, ca
More information about the Baypiggies