[Baypiggies] Book Review requester- pleast contact me privately

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 03:30:43 CEST 2006

Whomever contacted me about requesting this book to review recently,
would you please contact me off list? I seem to have lost your contact
information.

thanks and apologies for the OT content

Interface-Oriented Design With Patterns
By Ken Pugh
First Edition: July 2006
ISBN: 0-9766940-5-0
Pages: 240
 <http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/0976694050/?CMP=EMC-R2Z228499027&ATT=0976694050>

Description
*Interface Oriented Design* explores how to develop robust, reliable
software as a collection of interfaces that interact with each other. You'll
learn what polymorphism and encapsulation really mean, and how to use these
ideas more effectively. See how to create better interfaces using agile
development techniques, and learn the subtle differences between
implementing an interface and inheriting an implementation. Take a fresh,
modern view of Design By Contract and class responsibilities. Understand the
basis of a service-oriented architecture, including stateful versus
stateless interfaces, procedural versus document models, and synchronous
versus asynchronous invocations. Learn about the most useful patterns,
including Proxy, Facade, Adapter, and Factory, as well categories of
interfaces including service providers, information holders, and external
world interfaces.