[Baypiggies] Planning remaining 2006 meetings

Marilyn Davis marilyn at deliberate.com
Fri Aug 18 18:57:14 CEST 2006

----- On Friday, August 18, 2006 DennisR at dair.com wrote:

> At 08:46 AM 8/18/2006, Marilyn Davis wrote:
>>Dennis, I'm not sure we should count on the IDE's for December because if
>>Steve is with his parents, we are down to only two.
>>
>>However, I note that the other two, Ken and Tony, have declared themselves
>>able to come.
>
> Marilyn,
>
> If mapping is 15 minutes, there are 75 minutes for presentation.  Robert
> Stephenson is estimating 30 minutes for python/laser pointer.  That leaves
> 45 minutes for IDE.  Putting 4 IDE speakers in 45 minutes could be
> tight.  2 IDE speakers seems a better fit than 4.  I know from other
> communication with Tony that too little time is a concern to him.  He asks
> for 15 minutes, minimum.
>
> I think two IDE talks combined with Robert's talk for December is a fine
> plan for a meeting that is 4 months into the future.  Nothing prevents
> putting Steve in at some other time.

Well, now we have two iffy presenters:

>From Tony:

> As of now, yes. But the closer it ges to Dec that may change.
> This is why I think we shouldn't have a meeting in Dec. Personal schedules > are just too volatile that time of the year.

But maybe 2 iffies are about the same as one solid.  So if you are happy with 2-ish IDE presenters, it's ok with me.

If we get really stuck at the last minute, I can come prepared to do a "Python Pitfalls" session, or something from my class materials.

And I'm always happy to do a last-minute "Why Python?" slide show, which has matured since I did the first pass a while back.

Marilyn