[Baypiggies] ADMIN: Board, meeting organizer, job postings

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sat Dec 2 01:46:06 CET 2006

On Fri, Dec 01, 2006, Stephen McInerney wrote:

> Running BayPIGgies is a large task. We seriously need a board of officers.

<shrug>  I won't stand in your way, but I'll note that the job is IMO
precisely as big as you want it to be.  Things were not broken before,
and they won't be broken as long as the mailing list is here and someone
takes charge of making a meeting place available.  The meetings will take
care of themselves somehow if those two conditions are met.

I will agree that things work better if there is organization, I just
caution against gloom-and-doom if there is much less organization than
has been done recently.

Side note: I suggest that the February meeting be used for people who
want to practice a PyCon presentation.

Member of the Groucho Marx Fan Club