[Baypiggies] Cancel December meeting?

Marilyn Davis marilyn at deliberate.com
Sun Dec 3 03:34:38 CET 2006

----- On Saturday, December 2, 2006 jim at well.com wrote:

> what about using some of the december meeting time
> for open discussion on group issues: the idea being that
> maybe the email list participants' opinions are different
> from those of people who show up at meetings.

I think it makes sense to wait until we expect that the people who usually come will actually come.  December is likely to be sparse, if we do it then.

Jim, in your previous message you said:

> i was thinking of that, in a support capacity,
> of course. if you've got leads, i'm willing to
> spend the time sending email and making
> telephone calls. i have a little experience
> in this (not much, but some).

Jim is the person who got me to give my "Why Python?" talk in SF twice.  I can vouch for him, that he has lots of follow-through and good energy.  I think the group should grab him up for anything he is willing to do.

Jim, might you be willing to come to the meetings and run them?  Dennis has been doing that for us.  I know you live far away.

> On Dec 1, 2006, at 8:07 PM, Alex Martelli wrote:

>>> Out of curiosity, how many people would show up for a meet-and-greet
>>> even without any presentation?  (I won't be there, I'm flying to Vegas
>>> Saturday. ;-)
>>
>> I'd most likely be at such a meeting.

So far it's only Alex?  The IDE people are shaping up a bit and we can probably pull off enough entertainment. But what a shame to do all that for just Alex.  :^)

I still vote to give up on December.

The IDE people can do their thing in February, if nothing more interesting pops up.

So, how do we decide?

Marilyn