[Baypiggies] ADMIN: flamewar policy

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Thu Jan 19 16:23:54 CET 2006

<admin hat on>

On Thu, Jan 19, 2006, Keith Dart wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 10:37:05 -0800
> "Patrick Melone" <pmelone at stratalight.com> wrote:
>>
>> StrataLight Communications ...
>
> Just FYI, anyone considering this opportunity should expect to have
> their work and person maligned while they are there.

This kind of post is not appropriate for baypiggies.  While we don't
expect that baypiggies will only contain "serious" posts; this list
should still be treated as a professional environment.  Dropping snide
comments like this leads to flamewars, and it makes the list
uncomfortable for other people.

Sorry to be heavy-handed about it, but I want to make sure everyone knows
that followups to Keith's post are off-topic.

"19. A language that doesn't affect the way you think about programming,
is not worth knowing."  --Alan Perlis