[Baypiggies] IDE Usage

John J. Dooley jxd6 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 31 04:00:09 CET 2006

I assume its the$179 version and not the $35 version wing that gets the
raves. Code browsing, and code collapse come with the professional version
and not the personal version, if I read right.

Is it the professional wing that gets the high marks and the personal wing
one too dumbed down?

>From the survey I referenced in yesterday's IDE review e-mail, I think it
said that open source developers get the (proffesional?) wing for free. I am
not an open source contributor (yet) so would not qualify for the discount.

Perhaps, baypiggies could sell wingware on getting a discount for their
members who could return the favor by giving reviews - kind of like
o'reilly's books? Maybe someone could button hole wingware at PyCon?

Even if most went back to their old tools, they might still spread a kind
word after taking it for a test drive. Who better to make a recommendation
to a new Python user than a baypiggies member?