[Baypiggies] Fw: Re: Next demo night

Shannon -jj Behrens jjinux at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 23:18:56 CEST 2006

On 7/21/06, Krishna Srinivasan <krishna2 at krishna2.com> wrote:

> Dennis spoke :
> >> So far, speakers generally seem to prefer Google.  I saw the video of the
> >> meeting last night.  If we can have video at all our Google meetings, we
> >> may want to rebalance our schedule to have more/all meetings at
> >> Google.  Video broadcasts are definitely a way to serve the  entire bay
> >> area as well as the Python community world-wide.
> >>
> >> Unless we re-balance, the earliest Google meeting for IDE is in Jan.
>
> JJ  spoke :
> > I just wish we all lived as close to Google as you do, Dennis ;)
>

> Maybe it is time to rethink this.
>
> Long back when Danny was about to leave Stanford,
> I volunteered on behalf of IronPort for hosting
> Baypiggies there. Then Wesley and JJ joined in
> (and also helped convince the official powers
> at IronPort). At the same time, Alex who had joined
> Google pitched in for co-hosting.
>
> A year back, I quit IronPort. Wesley left
> IronPort by November. So now, it is just JJ at
> IronPort who is managing everything.
>
> So JJ, maybe it is time, you reconsider the
> whole thing.
>
> Just my 2c,

I am quite happy to relinquish responsibility, especially if it's not
benefiting anyone.  However, I was under the assumption that there
were at least a few people who preferred IronPort.  I'm happy to let
go if that's not the case.

I remember the results of the survey, but it seems that different
people interpreted it differently.  Can we setup a poll that simply
asks, "Should we drop IronPort and host all meetings at Google?  Yes
or No"?

Happy Hacking!
-jj