[Baypiggies] Fw: Re: Next demo night

Dennis Reinhardt DennisR at dair.com
Fri Jul 21 23:49:13 CEST 2006

At 02:18 PM 7/21/2006, Shannon -jj Behrens wrote:
>Can we setup a poll that simply
>asks, "Should we drop IronPort and host all meetings at Google?  Yes
>or No"?

We need to establish that Google indeed wants to host us 12X or at least
more than 6X/year.  Is there a room large enough for us on 2nd Thursday?

A critical new element here is the initiation of video for our
meetings.  Video recording makes living near/far much less relevant.  Video
allows us to serve a larger community.  We have an opportunity here but not
enough info to decide.  Will Google continue video recording future
meetings?  Hosting us is not entirely cost free for them and IMO, they have
a lot to contribute to the discussion.

The last poll was flawed in many ways.  It weighted equally people who have
not shown up for any recent meetings with people who do.  The survey was
not cognoscent of where we actually meet.  We have the results of "votes"
from people who do show up: attendance at Google is approximately 2:1 over
Ironport.

The question is also where can we best put on high quality
programs.  Generally, speakers are far more partial to Google than Ironport
as are the attendee counts.  Another poll does not change that.

No, let's not set up "another" poll.  Yes, let's pursue whether Google will
host our meetings.

Regards, Dennis