[Baypiggies] More meetings!

Dennis Reinhardt DennisR at dair.com
Tue Jul 25 00:57:45 CEST 2006

At 01:57 PM 7/24/2006, John Dooley wrote:
>I remember attending classes at a remote location with a push to speak
>microphone. With all these great Python programmers available is there
>any way that we could hack Iron Port as a remote meeting site to the
>main presentation site at Google.

I am not optimistic about this being easy to do.  It is an imposition on
our hosts to ask them to do this.  Navigating the security policy at both
sites for live outside internet connections with at least one
internet-visible (not NAT) IP server address could make this painful or a
non-starter.  A voice connection (not necessarily push-to-talk) should be
straight-forward.  It is the video feed which is a problem.

>Of course, the poor man's version is to have the video recorded
>presentations available to the meeting at IronPort's separately
>scheduled meeting (and vice versa). But it is no clear how that is any
>better than just pulling the video down yourself.

Right now, we do not have vice versa as an option.  Yeah, pulling delayed
video down yourself is likely how Google meetings will be attended away
from Google.

Regards, Dennis