[Baypiggies] 2006 Meeting Schedule

Mike Cheponis mac at Wireless.Com
Thu Jul 27 02:09:15 CEST 2006

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006, steve hindle wrote:

> On 7/26/06, Dennis Reinhardt <DennisR at dair.com> wrote:
>>
>> unfocused meetings.  I am not interested in organizing "let's see who shows
>> up and shoot from the hip once people arrive" meetings (or attending, for
>> that matter).
>>
> Understandable.  However, are the people that attend the IronPort
> meetings willing to book their own speakers.  For that matter, are
> they really concerned if there is a speaker or not (Perhaps they are
> more interested in the 'social' aspects like the 'random access' ?)

I regularly attend the South Bay NetBSD monthly meetings.  There is _never_ an agenda!  That would be far too organized for us.  We have pizza and chat about some aspect of NetBSD that is relevant to each of us, as we wish.  It's pure "random access".  Since several NetBSD developers show up, it's a great place to have questions answered, or to have other smart folks critique an idea or to have them suggest some ways of solving a problem.

>> speakers.  I would rather concentrate on Google.  There is an opening for
>> an IronPort planning coordinator.
>>
> Fair enough - if there is interest, someone that attends the IronPort
> meetings should step up :-)
>
>> meetings.  Any disagreement is in cutting back on IronPort meetings.  Fair
>> summary?
>
> Perfect summary, as far as I'm concerned :-)

Well, I suggested 12+12...

As I see it, the meeting topics are a "draw" - they give people a reason to attend.  But once a bunch of pythonistas gather, it's gonna be interesting, program or not.

-Mike