[Baypiggies] Wither IronPort?

Dennis Reinhardt DennisR at dair.com
Thu Jul 27 02:40:20 CEST 2006

The lock-step alternating locations plan is not working for us.  In the
lock-step plan, any increase at Google, of necessity, is a diminishment at
IronPort.  We need to get out of lock-step so that each site can find its
natural schedule.

                 pro(google) != anti(IronPort)

I suggest the natural schedule at Google is 12X/year.  The present schedule
for IronPort is 6X/year.  If we do nothing else, both meetings are on the
2nd Thursday.  I submit the most reasonable way to proceed is schedule 15
minutes at next IronPort meeting for those attending at IronPort to decide
what the ongoing IronPort schedule is.  A future Google meeting can set the
ongoing schedule at Google, likely for 2007 and beyond.

Regards, Dennis