[Baypiggies] 2006 Meeting Schedule

Dennis Reinhardt DennisR at dair.com
Thu Jul 27 02:39:27 CEST 2006

At 05:09 PM 7/26/2006, Mike Cheponis wrote:

>SH>  For that matter, are
> > they really concerned if there is a speaker or not (Perhaps they are
> > more interested in the 'social' aspects like the 'random access' ?)
>
>MC>I regularly attend the South Bay NetBSD monthly meetings.
>There is _never_ an agenda!  ... It's pure "random access".

I have seen multiple models work. IMO, video taping and broadcasting
supports a speaker model.  We are not having difficulty filling out a solid
speaker schedule at Google and are having difficulty at
IronPort.  Fine.  So, let's adapt.

>Well, I suggested 12+12...
>As I see it, the meeting topics are a "draw" - they give people a reason
>to attend.  But once a bunch of pythonistas gather, it's gonna be
>interesting, program or not.

Having meetings at two locations with quite different characters sounds
great.  It would be nice if they were held on different nights, but not at
all mandatory.  Many conferences have 2 or more tracks, where the attendee
must chose one session to attend and attending both is not physically possible.