[Baypiggies] Coral8 is looking for a Test Automation Engineer who knows Python and SQL!

Jon Rosen jon at coral8.com
Fri Jun 2 19:45:35 CEST 2006

Coral8, Inc. is looking for a Test Automation Engineer to work on major
enhancements to our testing framework which is written in Python and to
handle both implementation and execution of automated tests for our
flagship product. We are a well-funded start-up located in Mountain
View. Our CEO, Terry Cunningham, was the founder of Crystal Decisions
(the maker of Crystal Reports) who, after selling Crystal Decisions to
Seagate in 1994, served as the President of Seagate Software, leading
the merger of Seagate's Network and Storage Management Group with
VERITAS in 1998.

We are now shipping version 4.0 of the Coral8 Engine, a cutting-edge
technology infrastructure product that provides complex event processing
and analysis for continuous streams of data at rates which can exceed
hundreds of thousands of rows a second with subsecond latency.  Please
check out our website, www.coral8.com, where you can learn more about
our technology and how it can be used to dramatically improve the
ability to deal with massive flows of incoming data from sources such as
financial transaction streams, RFID readers, network packet routers and
real-time sensor measurements. You can also download an unrestricted
version of our product and use it for free for development or evaluation
purposes only.

The more of the following requirements you meet, the more we will be
interested in you!

    Strong OO Python programming knowledge and experience
    Knowledge of SQL, particularly complex queries
    Experience testing an implementation of a programming or query
language (preferably SQL)
    Experience writing and executing test plans
    Experience testing infrastructure software
    Experience testing distributed and multithreaded systems
    Automated testing and test scripting experience
    Performance and stress testing experience

If you think you know a lot about the above subjects, but don't have
that much formal working experience (just out of college, coming back
into the work force, making a career switch), don't let that keep you
from applying.  *We love smart hard-working people* and if we think you
have what we are looking for, we will likely be interested regardless of
how may years of experience you have. But please be prepared to
demonstrate your abilities.  We want people who can really do these
things, not people who just talk about it.

Our compensation policies are excellent for the right people and you
will get early round stock options plus full company benefits as well.
This is a full-time position.  People seeking contract work or people
who are not already qualified to work permanently in the United States
(green card or citizen) should not apply.  Coral8, Inc., does not
discriminate in employment on the basis of race, religion, national
origin, sex, age, disability or marital status.

If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume and
salary requirements to:

jon at coral8.com

Jon Rosen
Director, Software Testing and Support
Coral8, Inc.

"The difference between theory and reality is that in theory,
 there is no difference between theory and reality,
 but in reality, there is." - Anonymous