[Baypiggies] Job opportunity - Build Engineer

Mark Jaffe markie at ydl.net
Thu Jun 8 19:47:43 CEST 2006

Hi,

I was contacted by a recruiter (internal) this week, but had to pass
on the opportunity due to my current full-time situation. I would
like to pass this on to the list, in the event someone else is
available. I was informed that there was a strong need for Python,
although the description does not mention it explicitly:

Responsibilities:
Work with product development to architect and implement an
automated, flexible, and extensible build system (using make / gmake,
ANT, shell scripts, etc.) for all STG products
Work with product development to architect and implement a
configuration management process including creation of tools around
our Perforce source-code control system and integration with a bug
tracking system
Perform product build and unit test across a wide variety of
operating systems – Windows, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, Linux, etc.
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
Required:
5+ years experience creating / maintaining complex product build
environments – building multiple layers of dependent products across
multiple operating systems
5+ years experience guiding a complex source code version control
environment – understanding the difficulties and advantages to
branching, merging, and programmatic interfaces
Deep understanding of “make” and related tools
Proven ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
Desired:
Experience with C / C++ / Java programming, including an
understanding of dynamic vs. static libraries and program linking
Experience with Perforce
Experience with ANT
Experience with UNIX Shell / Perl scripting
Understanding of source and environment portability

Let me know of your interest and include a resume if this is a good fit.

Mark
--
Mark Jaffe
markie at ydl.net