[Baypiggies] Challenge/Response email systems

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Fri Jun 16 01:37:20 CEST 2006

On Thu, Jun 15, 2006, Marilyn Davis wrote:

> I guess, if someone wants to write to me, they should be willing to
> answer a challenge once.  If I write to someone first, or if I put
> them in my address book, of course they never see a challenge.

Speaking as a mailing list administrator, anyone who leaks a challenge
to the mailing list OR who sends a challenge to a list subscriber as a
result of a post to the list -- both of which I've seen happen -- gets
immediately banned.

"I saw `cout' being shifted "Hello world" times to the left and stopped
right there."  --Steve Gonedes