[Baypiggies] list mail and gmail ?

Anna Ravenscroft annaraven at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 20:13:45 CEST 2006

On 6/19/06, steve hindle <mech422 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/19/06, Rick Kwan <kenobi at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > However, I recall another list where I administer Mailman; there is a
> > configurable listadmin choice of reply-to-list vs reply-to-poster.
> >

> Heh - thats a whole nother religous debate.  I seem to be in the
> minority that feel group communications should default to group
> response.

I feel the same way.

> But for now, I'd be happy to just get gmail to behave.  I
> really don't want it to send BOTH a private response AND a list
> response, and generally the list response is the one I want.

Unfortunately, the way the list is set up, that's what is supposed to
happen. You have to act to send to the list instead of it being a
default. My other lists are setup to default to the list and I don't
have any problems with them - and I use gmail almost exclusively.

--
cordially,
Anna