[Baypiggies] list mail and gmail ?

steve hindle mech422 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 22:52:16 CEST 2006

> should never reply to the sender only. That's really between me and
> the sender.

Actually, that raises a point related to my
spammer-harvesting-email-addy's comment...
specifically, whose to say that someone *WANTS* a private reply to a
public message, or more to the point, wants their address given out to
all list members?

While Guido is a mature adult, most of the
private-replies-to-list-mails I've seen (to me or others) tends to be
the sort of flames people won't send publicly.  If I really want
someone to have my email address - I'm quite capable of giving it to
them.  It seems to me the choice should be mine, not a fait accompli
of the mailing list configuration.

And as I mentioned before, having members emails show up in the actual
list traffic just makes it that much easier for spammers to harvest
them.  They can simply subscribe an address that forwards to a
bot/script.