[Baypiggies] New to python - Printing

Steve V. Steve at aMadMan.com
Wed Mar 8 21:03:29 CET 2006

I am new to python and really like what ive seen so far.  i am trying
to get a good feel for it and see where it is usefull and where it
isnt.  my question is in regards to python and printing (physically
printing to a printer through unix).  ive read up on gnome-print,
libgnomeprint(ui), cups and just about everything else i can think of
but find little results. also, i tried looking through this list
archive but didnt find a search option (am i looking in the wrong
spot?) so this has landed me here.  your help and suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.   the only thing ive found is that python(or
pygtk) does have bindings for gnome-print but i have yet to find any
examples.

so my newb question is this:

Is printing through python do-able or am i barking up the wrong tree
with the wrong tool.

if it is something worthwhile to look into, any idears or points in
the right direction you could show me?

~Steve