[Baypiggies] New to python - Printing

Dennis Allison allison at shasta.stanford.edu
Wed Mar 8 21:10:29 CET 2006

It's not clear what you mean.

Python reads and writes and manipulates files.

Python can "print" to std.out and to any file object.  Print has slightly
different semantics than write.

Python can interface to most utilities both in the Linux/Uniz world and
also in the Windows world.

There are specialized packages written for and/or written in Python which
do specialized "printing like" functions.  See, for example,
http://www.Reportlab.com for a PDF generation system.