[Baypiggies] Beazley 3rd edition heads up

Alex Martelli aleax at google.com
Thu Mar 9 22:57:53 CET 2006

On 3/9/06, Stephen McInerney <spmcinerney at hotmail.com> wrote:

> "Concise" in the sense of "fastest introduction to someone who can already
> program say PERL, Tcl, C" which is content of the first ~100 pages.

I am, of course, biased, but I believe that pages 29-104 of the
Nutshell (chapters 4 and 5) are in the running for this "fastest"
title -- admittedly, it does then take me almost as much space to
cover exceptions, modules/packages, core built-ins, strings, and REs
-- but, funny enough, I had never before seen this "kernel" of the
Nutshell criticized as too slow (or non-concise).

Alex