[Baypiggies] ADMIN: Re: Job posting policy

Dennis Reinhardt DennisR at dair.com
Wed Mar 22 00:06:24 CET 2006

At 02:53 PM 3/21/2006, Aahz wrote:
>we permit job ads as a courtesy to list
>subscribers.  The rules that we have are designed to ensure that we get
>a minimum of job ads that are maximally applicable to the list.

While we are maximizing here, maybe we can control these announcements in
the meetings themselves.

In the last meeting, I think there were 4-some job announcements taking
about 15 minutes at the start.  ... hard to say how much time exactly
because job announcements were mixed with about 30 minutes of announcements
to get started.

There were about 50 people in the meeting.  When I noted who was talking to
people making job announcements after the meeting, there seemed to be 1-2,
a poor use for 15 minutes of everyone's time.

Dennis